So you just found out you’re pregnant, congrats! Now what in the world do you put on that registry. As a new mom myself, I’m here to help on that. Here are 20 baby registry items you should put on that registry:
- Lounger – We opted for the Snuggle Me Organic and loved it. I know that *technically* it’s not safe sleep for them to nap in it, but we would let her when we were around. Always supervised! And when she was very newborn it was a lifesaver to lay her down in. Another option is the Dock-A-Tot. Honestly, I’d probably get that one looking back. Olivia is a long baby so at 6 weeks she’s already almost outgrown the Snuggle Me. Dock-A-Tot is bigger!
- Swing/Bouncer – If there’s something to splurge on, this is it. We got the Baby Bjorn bouncer and it’s such a lifesaver. Liv loves to bounce around and it’s great for them to sit up too. A change of scenery from laying down, especially when they’re so small! It’s nice when you’re alone and need to clean, shower, or do little chores around the house. Just pop ’em in the bouncer!
- Crib – Every baby needs one! We have two in our home. We have the Babyletto Gelato 4-in-1 Mini Crib in our bedroom and the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib in Olivia’s room. Once she’s big enough to sleep on her own in her room, the smaller crib will go to my parent’s home in Palm Springs so she’ll have somewhere to sleep when we visit. We also got the Babyletto mattresses (mini crib/convertible crib) too. Cannot recommend them enough.
- Pump – A must if you plan to feed with breast milk! I had an interesting time with mine. I got the Elvie pump and loved it…. at first. Liv took my milk for 2 weeks and after that she would get sick every time and we ended up switching to formula. The fun story with the Elvie is it’s very convenient and gets the job done, but it’s so so so delicate. I had to return one because it stopped working. The second oneI got a button wasn’t working right. With a hefty price tag I don’t even know if I’d recommend it, BUT definitely some type of pump on the registry for sure. Maybe if it’s in your budget this a great one to have for on the go pumping, just not as your main pump.
- Postpartum Kit – I wouldn’t have survived without my FridaMom Postpartum Kit. The underwear, ice packs and peri-bottle were my absolute favorites. Highly recommend bringing these in your hospital bag!
- Baby Bath – Once we got the OK to give Olivia a bath, we were SO excited. We went for the Fridababy 4-in-1 Grow-With-Me Bath Tub. First off, it’s adorable. But this was a registry must have because it grows with baby. It’s also great for those who don’t have an actual bathtub because it’s super portable.
- Bath Essentials – Everyone has their own preferences but my pick was Pipette. The Baby Essentials Kit comes with everything you could need. The baby wash/shampoo, baby oil, baby lotion, baby balm, and baby wipes. I love that everything is fragrance free. The oil is my FAV because it has squalene in it, something that’s in my own skincare!
- DIAPERS – If you can do a diaper raffle at your registry, DO IT. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our baby shower due to the good old you know, panorama, but everyone I know that had a shower said this was the best. I know some people that didn’t have to buy diapers for almost 6 months because they were so stocked up.
- Wipes – Again, another one that’s to each their own. We registered for the Honest wipes and once we ran out, we bought the ones from Costco. She seems to like them so far!
- Onesies with ZIPPERS – Best. Things. Ever. Invented. Our number one favorites are the Kyte baby sleepers. They’re extremely soft and worth the price! Some other great brands are Burt’s Bees and Cloud Island.
- Bunting – Okay so this one was something I added on the registry because I thought it looked cool but I knew I wouldn’t buy it on my own. You know, one of those things? Well, I’m so glad this was bought for us because it is by far our most used item. We keep it in her bassinet stroller attachment at all times so she can be warm when we walk her. When it’s warm out we just put her on top of it. There’s also a little hole in the back so you can use it in the car seat!
- Portable High Chair – Olivia is still too young to use hers buuuuuut my sister in law has this high chair and it’s so cool and we can’t wait to use ours haha! It’s super sturdy and clips on to tables. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and don’t have a ton of space for an actual high chair, so this is perfect for us. Plus, we can take it to restaurants!
- Lovevery Play Gym – An absolute must. We have the play gym and we also have the membership. Lovevery focuses on more of the montessori style learning that we love. The play gym is totally portable and we love all of the features on it.
- Trunk Organizer/Changing Station – I feel like this isn’t on enough people’s registry. We have one in each car and have diapers, a change of clothes and wipes in there. It also comes with a changing pad. It’s perfect for those on-the-go days!
- Wearable Blanket – Another Kyte Baby win. Olivia hated being swaddled so we were able to use these from the very beginning. The arms have cut outs so baby can throw those arms up as much as they’d like. Kyte baby also has different sizes: S (0-6), M (6-18) and L (18-36). They also have different weights too! We use the 0.5 TOG.
- Burp Cloths – I mean, they’re babies. They will spit up haha! You will never have enough burp clots. Our favorites are the Burt’s Bee’s and these Muslin ones.
- Wash Cloths – Perfect for bath time! Again, Burt’s Bee’s for the win. We love to use them to get in the hard to reach rolls. Plus, they’re the perfect size to keep on their bodies and pour the water over. Liv loves when we do that.
- Bottles – There’s a few things you could do here. You never will know what type of bottle your baby will like. We went with the Boon Nursh ones and luckily Olivia loved them right away. They have two sizes: 4oz and 8oz. They’re silicon so you can put them in the dishwasher, they’re easy to clean, and they are anti-air bubble bottles. There’s also sampler packs you can buy too on BabyList. But I think one of the other widely used ones are the Dr. Brown bottles. That’s what my nephew uses and he seems very happy with them.
- Shit to Wash Bottles – This cute cactus one is what we have. It’s the same brand as our bottles so it fits them perfect and cleans super well. It also looks cute on our sink so that’s another positive. LOL. As far as soaps, we just use normal dish soap. I’m so not about the scare tactic marketing that you have to use a specific soap to clean. Dawn it is for us.
- Diaper Pail – We can’t live without. We change so many diapers a day it just makes it so easy to use a diaper pail. The Ubbi brand one is our favorite. You don’t need special bags for it and you can use regular trash bags. The little latch does its job too and keeps the smell out, YAY!
Looking for some more registry ideas? View my Amazon Baby Registry Must Haves HERE.
Monica page says
This is very informative! Lots of good advice!
Bridgette Sheri says
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed!