I am a huge skincare junkie and I must say I’ve tried a TON of different products. I’ve compiled a list of all of my favorite products that I use for my morning skincare routine. My skin type is on the normal/dry end. I’ve never really had any issues with acne, just the occasional breakouts during that time of the month.
I’ll preface this with saying that this post will have drugstore pricing as well as some that are actually worth the splurge. The places I’m shopping most often at for my skincare is either at Ulta, Sephora, or Target.
We’ll start this off with exactly how I do my routine. From my favorite cleansers, to serums and moisturizers. I am still looking for a sunscreen that will blow me away. If you know of any, shoot me a DM or email so I can try it out!
Let’s start with the first step:
My favorite morning cleansers
My number one favorite cleansers are oil cleansers. I love how they feel on my face and I feel like I’m so moisturized and glowy after. But, there are some foaming cleansers and gel cleansers that I love too.
- Kora Organics. You’ll love this if you’re a fan of oil cleansers. It’s a dual phase cleanser so you shake it before you use it. Pump a few times on your palm and apply to a damp face. When you wash it off, you get a nice hydrated feeling. Not that squeaky feeling. Know what I mean? You can grab this at Sephora. And did I mention that Kora Organics is Miranda Kerr’s skincare line? If I can age like her, I’ll take it.
- Cerave. Great option for those on a budget and if you have sensitive skin. This feels a bit like a gel but gets you nice and clean. I love to buy this one at Ulta since they always have some type of sale. Plus, you can use coupons 😉
- Caudalie. I’ll use this foaming cleanser if I’ve done a mask the night before. First I use either my Kora or Cerave cleanser, then finish off with the foaming cleanser. This is just to ensure I get everything off. Plus, the foam feels great on your face. I love to buy these at Sephora. You can get the full size here or the travel size here.
After I cleanse, it’s time for serums.
- The Ordinary. You’ve heard about the brand everywhere and there’s a reason for it. This brand is so insanely affordable for its quality products. You can get them at Sephora or Ulta. My two personal favorites are the Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid. Once I’m done cleansing, I’ll put a few drops of Hyaluronic Acid then apply to my face. Niacinamide follows. You can immediately feel the difference when you put these on.
I know it sounds crazy, but those are my absolute favorites for serums. I’ve used the Hyaluronic Acid for a few years and can’t stray away from it. Niacinamide is newer to my routine but it’s truly amazing.
Then, we moisturize.
For moisturizers, I’m pretty picky. I like more of the thick moisturizers so I actually feel hydrated. Let’s explore some of my favorites:
- Cerave. I know. Again. But they really are so good. You can even find this moisturizing cream at Costco stores too. If you have a membership, that’s the best option cost wise. This moisturizer is so thick it’s almost like a drink of water for your skin. Especially after the serums! If I don’t grab the tubs at Costco, I head over to Ulta for them.
- Belief. Ah, True Cream. The first time I tried this moisturizer was a sample from Sephora. There’s techincally two different version of these so let’s break it down.
- True Cream Aqua Bomb. So if you like more of a gel moisturizer then you’ll love this one. It has the gel like consistency but it leaves your face feeling so moist. There’s a mini size, regular size and jumbo size all at Sephora.
- True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. Now the moisturizing bomb is more of your thick moisturizer. It’s got that thick consistency. There’s a mini size, regular size and jumbo size all at Sephora.
- Roses N’ Rose. I discovered this small brand from the amazing Lauryn Evarts Bosttick of The Skinny Confidential. Their moisturizer is called Liquid Filler and it does just that. When you put on the cream you can see that it plumps your skin and helps blur those fine lines. Hot tip: I blend this with my foundation when I wear makeup! You can support this amazing brand here.
And my final step. Just to get that extra glow.
I don’t think it’s a secret that I love a glowy, dewy look to my skincare. To take it one bit further, I like to finish off my routine with one of these two. You can skip this step if you want, but this is just what I do 🙂
- Biossance. Vitamin C Rose Oil. I don’t even know how to describe this stuff. It smells amazing, the texture of the oil is amazing, everything about it is amazing. It’s on the pricey side but it’s so worth it. I put a few drops on my palms, warm up the oil, then pat it on my skin to finish the routine. Grab this one at Sephora.
- Cerave. Are we surprised? This is for sure my secret weapon. I use it day and night when I need that extra moisture. It’s got a little bit of a greasy feel so for some this might be better at night. If I’m working from home I’ll typically go towards this one instead of the Biossance. I love getting mine at Ulta.
Looking for some more skincare? Check out My Honest NuFace Review!